Skip to content ↓

Cost of Living Help

Free School Meals

Full information is available at Sandwell Council: Free school meals | Sandwell Council. Applications are made online, your child may be eligible for free school meals if you meet the criteria below:

  • Your annual income is less than £16,190
  • You claim Child Tax Credit only. You will not qualify for free school meals if you receive any amount of Working Tax Credit. Before applying please check your latest Tax Credit Awards Notice if you are unsure.

Your child may also be eligible if you receive the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Universal Credit To qualify if you are in receipt of Universal Credit, your net earned income (after taxes and deductions ‘take home pay’) must be below £616 per month under the Universal Credit allowance you receive. This will be confirmed on your latest online Universal Credit statement when you received it. If your net earned income shows above the £616 figure you don’t qualify.
  • Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
  • Guaranteed Pension Credit (including Child Tax Credit)
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

Travel Assistance

Sandwell Council offer a Travel Assistance Service, information about which is available here: Information for Passengers, Parents and Carers | Travel Assistance Service | Sandwell Council

School Uniform

Many of our families have donated uniform to the school for us to loan out or provide for other families, thank you if you have done this.  If you need support with uniform, please contact your child’s Year Team Lead, Deputy Year Team Lead or Head of Year. We have only 3 branded items a tie, blazer and physical education shirt.  All other uniform items can be purchased from the local supermarket, school shop or local retail stores.

If you have any items of uniform at home, we would welcome these donations.


Information on applying for food bank vouchers can be found here: Food banks - food in an emergency | Sandwell Council

Citizens' Advice - practical advice on a number of areas including; your money, benefits, employment, tax, money management, gas and electricity, home and neighbourhood: Citizens Advice Sandwell & Walsall – Whoever you are, whatever the problem (


Please use the below links to support with any housing issues you may have.

General enquiries about housing at Sandwell Council can be made here: Contact us about housing | Sandwell Council

Information about homelessness, or being at risk of losing your home: Homeless or at risk of losing your home | Sandwell Council

Family Support

The Sandwell Family Information Service hub is full of information and links if you need support: Family Information Service Hub | Family Support (

Contact Us

Gospel Oak School,
Bilston Road,

0121 556 1351